The purpose of the Faith in Action Team is to conduct ministry projects and encourage members of the congregation to reach out to their neighbors in the congregation, the community, and the world by putting their faith into action as individuals and as groups through Resurrection’s programs.
We put our faith into action by sharing God’s blessings with:
- Thurman-Brisben Homeless Shelter – Provide a monthly dinner for residents.
- Fifth Saturday Meals for the Homeless – Provide dinners.
- Christ Lutheran Church Food Pantry – Provide food.
- Micah Ministry – A program serving the chronically homeless. We supply needed items for this program.
- Hope House - a transitional program for battered women and children. We provide household items to help residents during their stay, and in establishing their own homes.
- Crop Walk – An ecumenical walk once a year that raises funds for both local and international programs.
- Christmas Angel Tree Program – A program that provides gifts and food items for needy families.
- Chancellor Elementary School – Provide school supplies for the students who cannot afford the necessary items.
- Souper Bowl of Caring Sunday sponsored by the youth group to raise awareness and funding for hunger programs.
- Lutheran World Relief Projects – Health and School kits.
- World Hunger and Disaster Relief – Provide education about these programs as well as funding.
- Piecemakers’ Group make quilts and prayer blankets for those in need.
- Lutheran Family Services of Virginia – assist and support programs.
For more information, contact Gene Ernst.